Stay Healthy During the Winter Months

Isabelle Hopewell, Features Writer

In the midst of cold and flu season, its clear that the student body of Eagan High School has taken a hit. With being in such close quarters for the majority of the day, it seems to be a hot spot for bacteria. With Kleenex boxes flying off the shelves and the obsessive use of hand sanitizer, people are trying to combat the germs occupying the halls of Eagan High School.

However, according to the Mayo Clinic, there are ways to keep those germs off you and to prevent the nasty colds that haunt Minnesotans during the winter. An easy way to stop the spreading of germs is to sneeze into the crook of your arm rather than spraying the people in your class. Keep your fingers away from your eyes, nose and mouth. Your kindergarten teacher told you this when you were five, and you can hear it again now- wash your hands! It may be childish but scrubbing your hands with soap and water while singing the alphabet can do wonders for your health. I hate needles as much as the next person, but getting the flu shot will protect your body. They’re available at Walgreen’s and many pharmacies throughout the area. Throw away your used tissues instead of leaving them out to spread germs. And last, while its difficult to do, staying home from school when you truly are sick may be best for everyone.